View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:42 AM

Hi,

Sorry you have to be here. I find your story interesting, because my c6/7 symptoms also started a couple of days after a personal bench press-record. It just took me 6 years to diagnose myself (I quess I was misfortunate with my choice of doctors) and prompt a cervical MRI. I think it what mislead the doc`s were the negative nerve conductive studies (ENMG). I later found out that a negative result from ENMG is not reliable enough to exclude nerve root pathology. By the time of the final diagnosis I could not work not to mention any physical activities.

Since I had a broadbased bulge with bilateral tear, I was told I was not a candidate for minimally invasive endoscopic foraminotomy. My choice was between a cage fusion and ADR. If you end up going with surgery, I also recommend you to look into minimally invasive things first. However I would get multiple opinions before choosing the type of procedure.

Fusion is a quite successful surgery. In Finland they have good results with peek stand alone cages with spikes or serration. I know a few people with a single level fusion and no problems. In the US the fusion methods tend to be more traditional, but also quite successful. I would not worry about making a fast decision to avoid losing the ADR option. The odds for that are small and single level fusion is still a viable option.

I know it is difficult not to fall into depression (I did). Try to accept the fact you cannot do the things you like now, but believe you will some day. I know it`s easier said than done.
- 2010 cervical MRI -> c6/7 problem
- Developed frozen shoulder during "conservative treatment"
- 2011 prodisc-c nova c 6/7 by Dr. Bertagnoli
- Ongoing neck, scapular and shoulder issues
- Nerve root canal narrowing osteophytes behind adr. Considering revision.

Last edited by simeoni; 05-01-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: added a note