View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 06:45 PM

Default New Member - in severe pain post ADR surgery C4-C5

Hello to the ADR Community,

In need of help. After suffering from shoulder pain and weakness, and severe bicep pain, I underwent a one-level ADR at C4-C5 with the Prodisc device...This surgery was offered to me as an alternative to the more traditional fusion (MRI showed a severe disc herniation at C4-C5, along with mild bulging at C3-C4 and C5-C6)..At first, surgery was a success as bicep pain alleviated substantially, but the muscle was left feeling week and atrophied..5 months of PT ensued, where bicep was feeling better but I started experiencing onset of tricep numbness and severe pain in forearm extending into the wrist...Bam, this has gotten severely painful in the last month, I've totally lost my hand dexterity..to where i am inside in bed all weekend long, and can barely make it through a workday...NEW MRI's inconclusive, as the PRODISC has interfered with imaging...CT Scan with Myelogram done this past week, Dr. says "Everything looks great"..device is perfectly implanted..new EMG's now show a total mess suggesting a BILATERAL C6 radiculopathy...

So, my questions are:

Does anyone know who can give me a second opinion on the implanting of this device?

Does anyone know if another ADR can be performed at the level below? (My instincts tell me i should have had 3 level ADR initially)

I am in the New York City area. Does anyone know Dr.'s in NYC who can consult and possibly perform an additional ADR?

In Severe Pain!! HELP!!!!
Lumbar Laminectomy L5-S1 03/09

Cervical ADR C4-C5 01/10 (Prodisc)