View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 02:18 PM

Alastair,

I agree that there are some bad outcomes in the U.S. However there are also PLENTY of bad outcomes coming out of Europe too. Even with his 1,500+ ADR surgeries I am certain that Dr. Zeegers doesn't have a perfect track record. The bottom line is that it is spine surgery and there are risks no matter which surgeon you use. Obviously going to a surgeon that has done 3 ADR surgeries doesn't seem like a wise decision, but if a doc has 50, 100, 200 surgeries under his belt AND has been doing other anterior surgeries such as fusion I really don't see a problem using that surgeon.

With respect to one thing that you mentioned about the length of hospital stays:

Dr. Zeegers IS apparently interested in trying to release his patients from the hospital sooner what the norm has been. He asked my doc Dr. Regan how he could release his patients a few days after surgery. In fact he asked Regan what his medication protocol was after surgery! So the short hospital stays are not necessarily a U.S. thing. You may start seeing it in Europe as well.

Yes, the board and Mark did help me choose Dr. Regan. Thank you both!

Dan
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.