View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 09:27 PM

I have a couple of basic question I'm hoping might be answered here by others. If you can help I appreciate it.

1. When applying for medical insurance, it's possible that certain things are considered pre-existing conditions. Can an insurance company just flat out tell the appliciant that they won't cover a particular thing ever? I see three things can happen when I apply for insurance. One, they won't have any problems with covering my back, even with my previous disctomy and I'm immediately covered including my back. Second, they say it's a pre-existing condition and I have to wait for the exclusion perior to pass before it's covered (in California no more 12 months according to health care rights). And this is the one I'm not sure and am wondering about. Can they just say, "?No we will never cover your back."? If so, what is the term called?

2. If I get insurance and I don't have a pre-existing exclusion period (immediate coverage), is overseas medical help covered as out-of-network benifits. Does this make any sense? I'm trying to figure out if insurance companies will grant benifits for anything done overseas?

Thanks,
Byron
Still experience chronic lumber pain but complete numbness on right side is gone t