View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Boris View Post
He started with injecting my with dextrose I believe, less than a year later he started to use sodium morhurate, then something he refereed to as P25G, every solution was a stronger irritant. The last session I had with him he hit me with the hardest thing he had and I walked out like nothing happened. Which is indicative that the treatment is working. The plan was for me to go in for a “tune up” every few months but he moved to Burnaby B.C. so I see another physiatrist at the pain clinic that won't do prolotherapy on me only trigger point treatments.
When I blew a tire in my lower back in 2011, well that's another story.
One more thing if you decide to try prolo. The injections are meant to cause inflammation that the body naturally fights off. High dosages of vitamin C was suggested during treatment. Sometimes the inflammation doesn't calm down. Normally the inflammation should reside in about 4 days but there were times my inflammation went unchecked for more than 4 days. What the doctor told me was yes that can happen, if it happens get back to the doc to hit you with lidocain. Acupuncture and massage therapy can also snap you out of a uncontrolled flare up.

Warning: prolotherapy can take a week or more for the inflammation to go down and the recovery time is generally 4 to 8 weeks for full recovery and growth. Lidocaine can lead to soft tissue damage, so it's best to try to use heat to help with the pain as much as possible.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog