View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Hi Ms Rudy;

I had the cervical radio frequency ablation twice. I have the prodisc c in at the c6/7 level - it is in too far to the right and forward, but the horrendous pain and suffering for me was the c5/6 level. The disc was gone and they left me like that (hey insurance here in the us won't cover 2 levels).
Until I found this out, I had the facet injections, and 2 radio frequency procedures. I tried muscle relaxers, and finally pain management. I also got an incredible run around and was absolutely miserable for 2 and a half years.
Anyway, the 1st rfa was done in 12/10, I had the prodisc surgery 9/09 and kept saying how much my neck still hurt, and kept getting worse, the surgeon told me everything was perfect and to suck it up and quit going to pt.
Nice, so I ended up at tbi with dr. cottingham for an rfa and actually got some relief. It burns nerves, so I probably was injuring myself much more.
the 2nd rfa (done here in Tampa) threw me into hard constant spasms so I was in bed and almost crying all the time. I don't know if this helps, but it was what my turnout was.
I was finally able to go to Nick Boeree 2 weeks ago, and he told me what was going on, finally....I knew from everything I felt he was right, I had an m6 put in at the c5 level and have to make the best of the prodisc, if you take them out it is pretty bad, you lose alot of bone due to the keels.
I ended up losing my home, 2 jobs, any savings, my sanity and 2 years of my life. sorry for rambling, but it makes me so upset at how the medical industry of the us has treated all of us.
09/2009 C6/7 Prodisc C ADR
11/2010 facet joint inj 12/2010 Rhizotomy TBI Dr. Cottingham months of relief
05/2011 facet Joint Inj 06/2011 Rhizotomy
7/2011 Dr. Zigler TBI, facet block and Discogram
11/18 surgery with Dr/Mr. Boeree..Thank God.