View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 PM

Default Adr revision to fusion

"I was told yesterday by my Spine doc that he could do antier and take prodisc out and do one level fusion can that be done if not why do ya think I am getting the run around??"

I will just tell you what I was told. I had a posterior single level fusion over my adr at c5-c6 because the keels for the prodisc are WAY to large, that is a design flaw and I believe what causes all the problems with prodisc. Anyway, my surgeon said if he took the adr out he would have to fuse c4-c7 because once he took out the prodisc he would have nothing to put the screws into because of the keels, the keels basically destroyed what I had. He would have to go above and below for it to hold. I am just going to say also that posterior incision is really painful to heal from but worth it if you only need one level fused. I think I am the only sucess so far on this site that this type of surgery has actually helped. GOOD LUCK and keep us informed on what you decide to do.
May 5, 2010 c5-c6 prodisc ADR surgery in Yakima, WA. 16 months later after suffering every minute of every day I had a posterior cervical fusion c5-c6 over the prodisc surgery on September 9, 2011. June 18, 2012 posterior hardware removal of fusion. I HAVE ZERO PAIN!