View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
It seems to be a common problem prodisc at c5-c6 just doesn't work..
Has there been some sort of poll to see if this is true of just ProDisc or does it apply to many other ADs?

I had the Nuvasive NeoDisc put in just over a year ago in Brazil. It was not approved in North America yet, and I think it is just finishing trials here now. It is a very simple design and I've had great success with it. I don't know if I am just lucky with the design or the doctor or a combination ?

There does seem to be a large number of people who have had problems with the ProDisc, but I'm wondering what the percentage is, from all that have been inserted, compared to other kinds. Are surgeons still using the Maverick, or is the M6 replacing the Maverick in popularity? I am out of the loop since my surgery. The M6 was just coming out and wasn't suitable for me.

I'm very sorry for those of you who are still suffering after going through so much already.

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.