View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 07:45 PM

Well, this is pretty amazing. The rep for the bone growth stimulator called me today, before I could call him, and said they are donating a brand new model to me, that my surgeon prescribed. I asked, how can I get something for free? He said a couple of times a year they are allowed to donate one of their products, if the insurance has denied it. He said your surgeon knows better than some healthcare representative what you need prescribed for your fusion recovery, and so he brought it over for me this afternoon to get fitted and have an inservice on it. I thought I was going to have something in my pocket, but this thing is huge, and I wear it all the way around my torso, over my brace. I look like the bionic woman, in some sort of perverted way. Two hours every day I wear it, so I will try to fit it into my morning routine, and then take it off when I am out. It's not easy to sit with it on, especially since my fusion was at L6-S1. But, hopefully, it will expedite my fusion/healing process. And, I am very thankful to have it.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!