View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Banned

Poncho,
Hey girl~ since I was a bad back bear all thru my nursing career almost (injury during Neurosurgical position back in '82 and stayed employed for 18 years later)~

Here we go...
Nurse Case Manager as you can work from home if you get into this or at least part of the time

Telephonic Advice or Triage Nurse (can stand/sit/work part time)

Management position in Outpatient/Ambulatory care clinic and adapt your office to your needs. I managed an outpatient clinic (FP and OB/GYN) and I think your back is much better than mine was at the time I was doing this.
There was a lot of paperwork, meetings, and one could be on his/her feet as much as needed checking on clinic and walking going to meetings and so forth. There was quite a bit of sitting but even that could be modified with seating and so forth.

Depending on the volume of the clinic flow, it can be decent to extremely hectic.. like the ER..

Find somewhere that will be WOWed by your credentials and hire you with little experience. Don't feel that you cannot apply for positions that you don't have the experience for because you can walk the walk and talk the talk and perhaps you'll be the best candidate they get in terms of your creditials and experience.

Perhaps you and your hub could move to So.Calif or Arizona or somewhere that the weather isn't going to do such a huge number on you barometrically (sp?)...

Good to hear from you, sorry you've got pain.. perhaps the schedule of school, work, home and all is more stressful than your body wants to deal with and once you're out of school, your spine will thank you?!