View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 07:40 PM

Hello everyone
I have good news and bad news. The bad news is my ins company denied me for the final time. SIGH. The good news is that our insurance plan is self funded and now I can go directly to the company and ask for out of benefit coverage for my surgery. I am hoping and praying that the company will have better sense and more compassion than our ins did.
What I am asking for is help from you guys. I would like to include with my appeal testimonials from those who have had surgery, whether the ins paid for it or if it was self funded. I think that if others wrote as to how this surgery has helped them return to work etc and why they opted for this as opposed to fusion would greatly help my cause here.
I was told to get my appeal in ASAP as the end of the year is coming soon. I was not told why it needed to be in now but I am not questioning it.
So if anyone out there would be so kind as to write a letter for me of their journey and include the above information in it I would be forever grateful. I would like to get these this weekend if at all possible because I want to get the appeal in the mail on Monday. Too much time has passed with this and I am tired of the hassle of it all!
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!
Thanks in advance
Kim
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion