View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 01:20 PM

Lots of suggestions - thank you! Obviously I needn't have felt shy about raising the subject.

Crystal, are the yoga poses you do different to pilates ones? I find I can�t do the abdominal breathing through the pain � hopefully this will improve as the muscles get stronger but I think it�s probably because it�s harder to control the muscles when they�re cramping. One the same note, Laura what stretches do you find helpful?

Also Crystal which herbal teas if you don't mind me asking? I'm a big fan of herbal teas but I've never come across one to help me with this. If it tastes ok I'd definitely give it a go.

I've never found heat pads very helpful but maybe I should try the ice � I�ve always been a bit cringey about ice packs anywhere other than my ankles but if it helps I�ll give it a go.

I saw a reflexologist yesterday and the points were agony which was interesting � but it doesn�t seem to have helped with the pain which has increased in my back and goes down my legs. Just looked up the accupressure points in the book my mum bought me. There are an enormous number of points all round the sacrum but I�m too gutless to use them given that that�s my problem area. If Paul�s right about the extra inflammation (which makes sense) it�s no wonder my back hurts so much more now!

What's Malic Acid Laura? That's not one I've heard of before. I think Pamprin is basically just paracetamol Poncho and so far today I've had 6 paracetamol & 6 ibruprofen so I'm not sure if that's an option (not sure if you can buy it in the UK actually - there are so many drugs marketed for period pains that you end up suspecting they're all a con!). I used to do the 2 ibruprofen every 2 hours back in the days before my back got so much worse but even that didn't really help & now I can't take that many with the other painkillers - hopefully the ADR will work and I'll be able to go back to them one day. Has anyone found mefenamic acid (ponstan) helpful? A couple of my friends with 'normal' pains have mentioned it but I'm not keen on the idea of adding new drugs if they're not going to be effective.

Thanks again for all your posts.