View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 06:01 PM

Gosh, I thought I WAS taking it easy. Well, my doctor recommended 30 minutes of walking a day for the first 6 weeks, broken up in any way I wanted to. So, I am doing 15-20 minutes about 3 times a day (so comes out to 45 - 60 mins) and at the time, it feels fine. In fact, I feel better moving around than I do if I sit around too much. As far as stretching, I am just doing some really light calf and hamstring stretches, no pain on the back at all, just trying to loosen up my legs. This also feels fine, in fact, good when I do it. Basically, it is bending one knee and crossing the over leg over it and kind of pushing down on the crossed leg to stretch the hammy and the just flexing my feet back and forth like pushing down on an accelerator and then pulling my toes back toward me.

I have tried the pillow thing with no real help. I haven't tried soaking because I have been hesitant to sit in water with my incisions but they are healing pretty good so I might try that too and see.

I will report back in a couple of days and let you guys know how the soaking and cutting back a bit on the walking.

Thanks for all the ideas!

Feeling great!