View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I too was a WC case and was cautioned about using my own insurance for procedure related to my spine that WC wouldn't cover. I did pay for some of my own water therapy and chiropractic care because it was vital to my progress and pain management.
Cautioned by your lawyer?
I go to massage therapy that my WC won't cover and my lawyer had no problem with that.
I go to my regular Dr. for Testosterone replacement therapy. I will ask him to authorize the BMI test since the Testosterone could have some positive effect on my bone density.
(I am on Testosterone because my levels were too low as in 21. My levels now are around 800 which is normal.)

I guess I'll have to call my lawyer Monday too to cover all bases. (eh) He may caution me too! Then what do I do? Fight for WC to pay for the BMI test? It was such a battle getting my ADR approved by a competent NY surgeon. Like I said I don't want to rock the boat but what were you cautioned about? Is it worth it for me to cause a fuss?

I've been reading all the info just thrown at me and haven't had a chance to say thank you so THANK YOU ALL!!!!! This is great stuff!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC