View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:44 PM

Jim,

Actually Macs and PC platfoms have "borrowed" a lot from each other (e..g hyper-threading, other tidbits). I think Macs are pretty as the OS; in time, Macs should run almost as fast as PC's if the emulation system doesn't slow it down too much. Apple has good customer support. There's rumors that both OS's w/be able to run on the forthcoming Mac's with the Intel chips. I would wait for the second or third revision of the Intel processors but the iMac is a pretty and fairly fast machine. What I most like about Macs is that I can do a lot of troubleshooting on my own, and I'm a computer idiot; I dont' know what's out there aside from Norton Utilities for Windows which is good but crashes Mac systems.

Good luck - Allan

Edit: I sent Mark a long note - too long for this forum. But if anyone's interested in Macs, I can paste from it. It's just the basics to get one running. I think that if one works with a machine for a long time, that aesthetics matters; even Dvorak in the PC community who hates Mac's chided engineers for not making their computers pleasing enough (but I sure dig the Viao).
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.