View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 03:07 PM

I totally agree with you Maria I am sure he would be on a plane to timbuktoo to get himself or his family members the best care that is known to man and would not bat an eye at $15000 a pop for an aritificial disc if they needed one. What gets me is reading the article he sent a letter to CMS and they read it and took so much stock in it when he had not worked with the disc or had any real evidence to back his claims etc. Sounds to me that they just used him to validate what they wanted to do in the first place.

And lest we forget its not just the elderly that use Medicare. Its the younger disabled people as well what about them? They count as well and deserve adequate medical care. You never see anything about that touted in these articles its just about over 65 and the osteoporosis factors etc.

I would like to see statistics as to what the percentages of Medicare recipients are under 65. I bet there are a lot more than anyone ever stops to think about.
Kim
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion