View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 01:35 AM

My Name is Mark ( 42 yrs).
This is a very good site and thanks to the individuals responsible for its existence.

I have had lower lumbar problems for the past 4 years and tried Chiro, Accu-P, Phys therapy and have been on various anti falamatory's and also lortab (beginning)and just recently moved up to oxycodone 3-5 times a day. I am in constant pain usually 3-5 scale and some times 5+ Fortunately I am still very active, work full-time, started a new business, finishing MBA married and a beautiful 2 yr girl. There are allot of things going and I want to do more, BUT I have this problem and looking for some good advice on what to do? Dr. recommends a 2 level ADR (chartie) L3-L5. I have talked to a few Dr.s and the ADR is a 50/50 and some recommend a fusion: confused: Dr's said if I start to loose bowel control or if I start heavier narcotic meds, that is when you know you need to have something done. Any recommendations or reality check would help. The doctor I am working with is Melanie Kinchen in Orange County, California and seems to be top notch any recommendations on how to see a Dr's success rate is? Thank you for all future responses

----------------------------------------------
L3-L4 Moderate disc degeneration-A posterior fissure is present. A 4 mm central disc protrusion is noted. Mild hypertrophy of the facet joints. Mild spinal stenosis present,

L4-L5 Severe disc degeneration-A posterior fissure is present. Right paracentral posterior measuring 5 mm. Moderate hypertrophy of the facet joints. Mild spinal stenosis present.

L5-S1 Mild disc degeneration-A right posterolateral fissure is present. Mild 2 mm posterior disc bulge.