View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM

Ok, another update.

My surgery is tentatively scheduled for January 29. I've been getting more pain shooting down into both arms but still primarily the right arm. This matches the MRI results. My Dr also said that my right arm is definitely weaker than my left. This worries me since I'm right-handed. So the insurance battle now begins.

The Dr has said that in his opinion I fit the criteria for ADR and do not fit any of the exclusion criteria. I'm hopefull this will make insurance approval easy but realize that's probably a pipe dream. My insurance company has said that the procedure is supported as long as it's medically indicated. My Dr's nurse, though told the same thing, was also told it's approved on a case-by-case basis and wasn't terribly optimistic. Maybe she's just making sure I'm prepared .

Now, I'm hoping the Bryan disc gets approved shortly. I may delay the surgery as far back as July/August if necessary but apparently there is movement on the FDA front so it might be approved as soon as Jan-March.

Thanks again to everyone who's been posting their surgical outcomes!
In 2005 pain began getting worse.
Diagnosed as DDD in July 2007.
Surgery recommended after 6weeks of PT made the pain worse.
ADR scheduled for Jan 26, 2009. Rescheduled for August 5!
Bryan disc finally FDA approved, and just in time too.
Neck was all jacked up and had to be fused unfortunately.