View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Jason:

I hope that your surgery gets covered on January 29th. Let's hope for some compassionate decision makers in the insurance company. Hang in there and cervical surgeries are much easier to tolerate for the most part than lumbar.

I have two cervical and two lumbar and the cervical has healed up nicely. I hope you have as pain free of holidays as can be and good luck for the upcoming year.

Terry Newton
Thanks Terry! I just noticed I had a typo. It's January 26th. I'm really hoping that the Bryan disc is approved by then. I know I have VERY mild DDD at C4/5(barely noticeable but there) but even so the Prestige might eliminate any chance of taking care of future problems at that level. The Bryan disc would support adjacent level ADR down the road. From my view the basic design of the Bryan disc is better too.

My doc's nurse and I have both been told by the insurance company that the procedure is covered. It just depends on if the medical examiner is willing to accept Dr Heller's reasons as being medically indicated.

I'll tell ya, it was VERY frustrating to see the weakness in my right arm. It was never as apparent as it was today that my left arm, and the lower arm/wrist especially, was so much stronger. That was surprising to me as my right hand is the dominant one.

Your recovery is an inspiration for all of us Terry. I'm keeping my hopes up and the reality check in my back pocket .
In 2005 pain began getting worse.
Diagnosed as DDD in July 2007.
Surgery recommended after 6weeks of PT made the pain worse.
ADR scheduled for Jan 26, 2009. Rescheduled for August 5!
Bryan disc finally FDA approved, and just in time too.
Neck was all jacked up and had to be fused unfortunately.