View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 03:00 AM

Default Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, it is very sweet of you to be so kind to someone you have never 'met'. I was able to have a nice Christmas with my family, just tried not to think about it. It was nice seeing my kids have a great Christmas, so much fun seeing it through childrens eyes. I was able to keep my breakdowns to a minimum and my kids didn't witness any of them. I know I will get through this, done it before... Last year, my husband lost his grandfather (on a Thursday). 2 weeks to the day later (Thursday), I lost a close uncle unexpectedl., 1 week to the day later (Thursday), my husband lost his brother unexpectedly. 1 week to the day later (Thursday), my husband's other brother was in a horrible motorcycle wreck on his Harley, they said if he would have been in the ditch for 5 more minutes he would have died, he was in ICU in a medically induced coma for 28 days, had to have a tracheotomy, very touch an go for the first 3 weeks; but he pulled through and is doing great now (he is actually at my house playing Wii bowling with my husband). I resolved to quit answering my phone on Thursdays after that, didn't want anymore bad news. It was hard going through all that (on top of my back), my husband and I definitely fought more (not one of the happier times in our marriage); but we resolved to support each other and came through to the other side. Even though, it was hard then, I have never lost anyone as close as a brother, so I am sure I will be an emotional wreck for awhile. If God chooses to not do a miracle, which I am praying for, I at least know my brother is saved and will go to Heaven, where he won't miss us; but we sure will miss him. I am going to quit rambling now, thanks for 'listening' to me. I really appreciate all your kind words.