View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
Something to think about: what direction is your back trending now? I understand your worry about surgery making it worse but if your condition is getting worse now, without surgery, the added risk of surgery might be less than you think.
I hear you, I sent off my info to Dr Desai on Dec 21st still waiting to hear back from him, being the holidays and all I am sure there was a delay.

Last week I started trying to sit more. I been avoiding sitting for last couple of years as much as possible but i wanted to see how bad things were from sitting. First couple of days I didnt have much problem but the third day on my back sitting really is terrible. I cant go more than 10 to 15 min without having to stand up and walk out the tightness and pain, the longer I sit the harder it is to get back out of the chair and walk it out.

So much tightness and kind of feels like my bones are grinding, just this constant pain in the middle lower back and often to the side.. obvious what it is haha but i spent last couple years not sitting I have forgotten the issues it causes me.

Mornings are still the worse, often wake up with my body slanted to the side still and go on a hour walk and swim for 45 min laps to break it out, I kind of have to do this these days, the walk and swim that is. Funny when people that dont have bad backs see you and say "hey I thought you said you had a bad back why are you walking, swimming? " They look even more puzzled when I tell them it is actually bad for me to not be moving, the more i sit around the worse.. as well

Waiting for Dr Desai, I really like this lp-esp disc,not so much because it has less failures documented, I like how it only has very small pins that push into the bone but has that special bonding liquid that bonds to the bone and not aggressive discs that could damage bone.. forgive me for not having the medical terms off hand.
L4-L5
L5-S1
Considering ADR Procedure This Year