Thread: BlueCard WW
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:35 PM

Hi Henry,
Any progress on your appeal letter? I am preparing for an appeal as well and "putting all the ducks in a row". I have some good references provided by Colorado Babe as well as my own research. It seems like the outcomes can vary by insurance carrier, pre versus post authorization, type of surgery (e.g. cervical or lumbar, one-level versus multi-level, etc.), level of support from local doctors, and many other factors. In spite of this, there is obviously some randomness in the outcomes.

It is very hard to predict whether the appeal will be successful. However, I still wish you luck Henry and pray you will be approved.
2013/2014 – Dessication and significant disc height loss at L4-L5 & L5-S1; L3-L4 disc bulge with hypertrophy; mild spinal stenosis; Grade 1 anterolisthesis (3mm); L4-L5 - marginal spurring and moderate hypertrophy causing neuroforaminal narrowing; L5-S1 - moderate-severe neuroforaminal narrowing; lumbar lordosis is straightening.

New pains & functional limitations in late 2013 led to exploring ADR procedures. Consulted with 8 surgeons domestically and 9 in Europe.
May 2014 – Anterior and posterior incisions in a 5-hour surgery resulted in 2 M-6s and one facet joint prosthesis (dynamic stabilization system). On the road to full recovery.