View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 04:48 PM

How much sense this will make I don't know, so I apologise in advance!!!

I have been having trouble with my upper back since the summer. It is something to do with the trapezius muscle area. The problem is coming from the neck though, I found this out eventually after seeking a second opinion from a different physio.

I get pain in the neck, through to my right shoulder, sometimes down my right arm too. I occasionally get pain in 2 vertebrae just below the bra strap, they say that is cause that area is over working to compensate for the area the that isn't working.

I was doing not too bad, even after my last treatment I was feeling okish for just over 2 weeks after, then it was like someone flicked a switch the pain!!!

Now this is where I might confuse things. I had my treatment in the morning and then at lunchtime I was sitting in my lounge when two cars crashed outside my house. This was just over 3 weeks ago. One of the cars skidded towards my lounge where I was sitting, you can imagine the shock I got.

Thankfully it didn't come through the window and no-one was hurt, just have two messed up gardens to get sorted.

Now when I saw my physio the other day my neck was really bad, this was now 3 weeks since I had seen her, and had been fine up until a few days before. My physio felt it was no wonder that my neck was so bad after what I had been through. At the time I didn't think of it too much of it but now I am really wondering if she is onto something.

Could this be delayed reaction to the incident? It is 3 weeks now, surely it would have reacted before now? Could I have jerked myself at the time and not really be aware of it and now I am feeling the affects of it? I feel it might be delayed reaction as I have been reacting in other ways till now, have been so stressed, been suffering nightmares etc....

Although my treatment the other day has taken the edge off butI am still in a lot of pain. I really think I am going to have to try and get some more treatment before Christmas.

I am just struggling to make sense of it all. Plus we are having to make a claim against the driver/s for the garden and now my dad is wondering if we should be claiming for traumatic stress for me.

Let me know your thoughts, see if I can make sense of things.

Cheers guys!!!!! x