View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:25 PM

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would attach a quick snapshot from my last MRI in May. I am still contemplating what to do -- but am leaning toward the hybrid surgery (fusion at 6-7 and ProDisc at 5-6) with Dr. Bitan. My insurance company (CIGNA) has denied the ADR portion of the surgery, so I will likely be paying out of pocket and then trying to pursue reimbursement through the appeal process (ugh).

While I have some concerns about the ProDisc, I think it's probably a better choice than a two-level fusion given the deterioration of the discs above. I'm also not really sure about going overseas for a different device (like the M6) given the complexity of my neck and the likely need for additional surgeries in the future.

While the thought of potentially needing additional surgeries in the future is a little unsettling, most of the surgeons I've talked to are in agreement that 5-6 and 6-7 need to be decompressed relatively soon. So at some point I need to make a decision and get going I guess!

Thanks again for all the support, and I hope everyone is doing well.

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sag t2 fs.0001.jpg (63.1 KB, 43 views)
Cord compression is starting to affect my legs and movement, nerve pain has increased
Need to find a surgeon soon, hopefully not a two-level fusion