Thread: Mac - TN
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:18 PM

Hey Mac,

I live in Franklin so we must be close. I have found the trips back and forth to Dallas have been easier than expected. Dr. Guyer is excellent. His colleague, Dr. Zigler did my surgery. I will not bore you with the details but I ended up enrolling in a clinical trial for my ADR surgery. I had a 50/50 chance of getting the ProDisc or the Freedom. I remember thinking it was so extreme to travel hundreds of miles away for a consult, let alone spine surgery.

Looking back, my choice was spot on. I know you have spoken with Dr. Guyer. Have you been to Plano to see him? Which way are you leaning? I flew from Nashville to Dallas on a Wednesday and had my surgery the next day. That following Monday I flew home. I was Dreading the flight home, but it was not so bad. We had a wheelchair arranged for me at the airport. Let me know if you have any questions. There is a Holiday Inn across the parking lot from TBI. My stay there was great.....quiet with comfortable beds. Texas Back Institute is about 30 minutes from the DFW airport.

Good luck and I hope you are hanging in there without too much pain.
CD
LBP for 2 to 3 years-much worse since April '09
44 visits to chiro in 6 months
PT & ESI (failed)
Discography/CT -positive at L4-L5, annular tear & bulge
three denials from UnitedHealthcare for ADR
Surgery 2/18/10-Freedom Lumbar disc L4/L5