View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default Arthritis Lies

It never ceases to amaze me how many myths and lies are carried about in the US press. And now overseas.

I bolded the mythology. It's amazing that the actual source of inflammation is rarely addressed. Patients are led to believe it's your geno-type or something you have no control over whatsoever. Thus, you must rely on your rheumatology doc to give you a never-ending spiral of expensive drugs that lead you to a deeper disease state and a road to ruin.

Of course, diet (including poor water) and other pollution have a terrible effect on us. But that's only part of the problem. One could actually target the SOURCE of inflammation -- pathogens -- rather than taking anti-inflammatories the rest of one's life!?

I know of many people, myself included, that got rid of conditions diagnosed as: DDD (cervical), MS, arthritis, chronic fatigue, Lyme Disease et al with antibiotics. Some did naturopathic, others prescriptive, and fewer both. I did both, thank God.

Here's a recent interview I did with Dr. Katherine Poehlmann, an expert in various arthritic syndromes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvToqVWBilA

I hope this helps some of you. So many people here are in "just fix me" mode that these posts receive little notice.
__________________________________________________ _

Arthritis disease registers upward trend in Pakistan

Arthritis, generally labelled as joint pains, is a common disease in Pakistan whose occurrence has been registering an upward trend within the last few years mainly because of unhealthy diet and lifestyle.

Arthritis is a common condition, which affects the joints in a person, leading to severe pain and stiffness, which could also limit a person’s movements.

“Arthritis is a disease of inflammation. The inflammation comes and stays, and there is no way to permanently just turn it off. Most effective and logical treatment is anything that fights inflammation,” said Head of Community Medicine at CMH Lahore Medical College Professor Dr Muhammad Ashraf Chaudhry while talking to ‘The News’..."

Arthritis disease registers upward trend in Pakistan - thenews.com.pk
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate