Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 01:33 PM

Default New Member

Hello everyone,
Like so many others, I have been lurking here and there trying to find more info on ADRs. First, a little about me:
I survived three auto accidents in three years (none my fault - autos were total loss) 1986, 1987, 1988.

The first time I was diagnosed by chiropractor with whiplash injury in my neck and middle of my back. I was treated for 3 months before being pain free. The next two wrecks aggrivated the condition. Each time I needed therapy for neck and back pain/burning sensation. Each time required a couple months of therapy to overcome the pain. No more problems until,...
2004, I'm shoveling heavy wet snow and "SNAP" my neck and back were in excruciating pain. X-rays and MRI reveal bulging discs. Physical therapy, muscle relaxers & pain pills provided only temp relief but CESI and two weeks rest did the trick. No problem until,...

2008, I'm attemping my first Dive Roll over another TKDer and landed on my neck and shoulder. X-rays and MRI reveal bulging discs have not changed. Again, Physical therapy, muscle relaxers & pain pills provided only temp relief but CESI and rest did the trick. However, as I trained harder in martial arts, the pain began to return. Stiff neck, muscle knots that keep recurring and acupuncture, physical therapy, massage, muscle relaxers and pain pills only postpone the inevitable. Now, just sitting upright in a chair makes my left arm ache and my left hand tingle.

Latest MRI reveals herniation at C5-6 with little change to C6-7.

Orthopedic surgeon has recommended 2 level fusion. I'm looking for other alternatives. I am not looking forward to battling BCBSIL for 2 level ADR, but that seems to be my best bet.
Chiropractic, physical therapy, TENS, acupuncture, massage, epidural steroid injections
Metaxalone !!! Massage in a pill !!!