Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:44 AM

HAS IT BEEN A MONTH?
I've been so preoccupied with my condition and worrying about what I'm can do (self indulgent self pity) that I've been hiding in my rest-and-recovery recliner.
I saw my ortho again and he feels that I'm making some progress (however slight) and that I should give it a little more time. He also prescribed a new muscle relaxer - metaxalone - which is like a massage in a pill. Nothing like cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril). WOW! What a difference! When the muscles in my neck and shoulders start to tense up, I take 1/2 a pill and it stops (an hour later). No sleepiness, dopiness or loss of control. Just relaxed muscles. Now I can continue my traction, PT and TKD (slow and easy for now! I still get pins-and-needles in my arm & hand sometimes, but it's managable, for now.
Give up TKD? I don't think so. Tai Chi or Qigong? I might supplement my training with those. TKD isn't the hardcore military boot camp it used to be (at my dojang, anyway). But it's still an excellent workout. It's kept me going for the last 4 years!
Chiropractic, physical therapy, TENS, acupuncture, massage, epidural steroid injections
Metaxalone !!! Massage in a pill !!!