View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 03:03 PM

WBC, You are connected with a forum that has many, many members who have used surgeons from most continents (exception of Antarctic), many different medical device products and different operating procedures. While the information can be overwhelming at times, I think you will find answers to most if not all of your questions here.

I agree with the people who posted before me. There are probably ~8 - 10 surgeons overseas who specialize in ADR surgery and have performed more of these procedures that anyone else in the world. There are also a handful in the US that are quite familiar with ADR. However, the fact that FDA as well as insurance coverage limits these procedures domestically might also weigh into the decision. Please feel free to ask additional questions and research the experiences of people who have walked in your shoes before you.

I agree wholeheartedly that living in pain is no way to live.
2013/2014 – Dessication and significant disc height loss at L4-L5 & L5-S1; L3-L4 disc bulge with hypertrophy; mild spinal stenosis; Grade 1 anterolisthesis (3mm); L4-L5 - marginal spurring and moderate hypertrophy causing neuroforaminal narrowing; L5-S1 - moderate-severe neuroforaminal narrowing; lumbar lordosis is straightening.

New pains & functional limitations in late 2013 led to exploring ADR procedures. Consulted with 8 surgeons domestically and 9 in Europe.
May 2014 – Anterior and posterior incisions in a 5-hour surgery resulted in 2 M-6s and one facet joint prosthesis (dynamic stabilization system). On the road to full recovery.