Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM

Default Back to work

Dale,

I also spend a lot of time sitting at work, although I can stand for long periods and still get my job done if I need to (height adjustable desks). I was back to work day 22, but I was nowhere near comfortable. Because of this, I worked 2-3 hrs. every day for that week, and then I took the next week off b/c I had planned on being on vacation anyway. In week 6, I was able to work full time, but only if I briskly walked 10 mins or more every 90 mins or so. I have treadmills convenient to my office, but just walking around anywhere would do.

With the benefit of hindsight, I think 6 weeks off would have been preferable. I had the option, just too stubborn to take it. With the 6 wks off, I would have concentrated on walking and gently stretching, and I think I would have been better prepared to return to work.

The leg cramping eased up considerably in weeks 8 and 9, but I still had some calf aching, probably neuropathic or distraction pain, for about 6 months. It was just more tolerable after week 9. It's just now starting to ease up.

Hope this helps.

-tc-
PT, ESI, SI jt injections, 3-level nerve root inj. x 2
Massage, heat, ice, TENS, etc
L5-S1 Charite Jan. 19th, 2009, very happy w/decision
New back pain in upper back though.

Last edited by 2cool4U; 09-03-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Just can't remember to proofread; don't tell my kids.