View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 02:34 AM

Default Metal Allergy and contacting AIMIS Spine

Hello everyone,

I too am very allergic to nickel. I have been told that no one is allergic to titanium but they must have been wrong since Maddie had a reaction. My allergist also told me that the MELISA test results are not always correct and you can get a false positive. He also told me that being allergic on your skin does not mean you will have a reaction to it once it is inside on your bone. Apparently they are two different things, but I don't know how. I would love an update from anyone or more info on this should anyone know.

I'm also trying to send a contact request to AIMIS Spine on their website but having a computer glich. Anyone have a contact email for there?
My doctors warned not to wait too long, due to my recent symptoms of increasing weakness in my left arm, myelomalacia, numbness and tingling, and the fact I could be paralyzed if I tripped, I chose to go forward with a 3 level fusion C4/5, C5/6, C6/7 after considering the strain of the costs to get ADR and the stress it would put on my family.