View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 04:24 AM

Hello Sharon,

I can totally relate to the situation you are going through right now. I am five months post ADR surgery at L4-L5 using the Prodisc device and my pain continues to increase. I too had an excellent surgeon, Dr. Yue at Yale University, perform my surgery and my X Rays and Ct Scan show that everything with the replaced disc looks perfect. My 3 month CT Scan showed a new herniation at L5-S1, with which I just completed a series of injections that were absolutely worthless. I am going in for facet injections on Tuesday, 4/10, because my PM Dr. believes that may be the pain generator. I understand how frustrating this ordeal can be!!!!

My body also seems to adjust to pain meds quickly. I too have a hard time sleeping and I now have pain in my right buttocks, which I never had prior to 2 months ago. I am on the Duragesic Patch 75mcg/hr, however my PM is going to increase it to 100 mcg/hr for me on my next visit, 4/10. I was on Kadian 60 mg last summer, but It did not work at all for me. For some reason morphine does not take away my pain. I had my meds changed to Dilauded 40mg twice a day plus oxycodone IR which worked so much better. I still had a good amount of pain, but as you know there is pain that is tolerable and then there is pain that makes you want to die!! What are the reasons your PM will not increase or change your meds? I am fortunate in the fact that my PM is compassionate and is always willing to attempt to help me in my medication difficulties.

Please keep in touch and let me know how things are going. You will be in my prayers which so often is the only thing that keeps me going. Thanks for sharing, it really helps to know that I am not alone in my trials.

Jaret
* 8+ Dr.'s prior to correct diagnosis.
* 3 MRI's, 4 X-Rays, & 2 Discograms - very painful
*Pre-Op Meds: Duragesic Patch 100-150mcg/hr, Opana 80-160 mg, Oxycontin 60-240mg