View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:32 AM

Hi Alastair,
I just want to clarify what I am getting at here. I feel that I am not recovering period! I did not have any other problems at all with my back before surgery and I have no distraction pain. I have changed my meds 4 times to try and get pain controlled, my Dr won't give me anything stronger than what I am taking now. Dr Bitan told me he has performed over 450 ADR surgerys and I am only the 3rd patient that has had these high levels of pain 3 months out. I am not very happy to be in the bottom 3 of his patients. The pain I have is exactly the same as before surgery only now it feels worse. Everybody at the hospital told me that when I came out of surgery I would still feel pain but it would be a different kind of pain. This pain has always been the same as before surgery since day 1 of my surgery.
My big concern right now is maybe the disc is not what is causing the pain, and I would like to know if anybody else was in the same situation I am in and found out there was something else going on. I had 2 discograms and they both were positive for L5-S1. My body very well could be very slow healing but I don't want to be sitting here finding out in a years time it wasn't the disc after all that was causing the pain but something different, I feel that I should get a little proactive now!
Thank you everyone else also for your replys.
Positive discogram 2005 L5-S1
Positive 2nd discogram 12/06 with anaesthetic block
Facet nerve block 2006 negative
ADR surgery L5-S1 Charite Disc / Dr Bitan January2007
X- LIF L4-l5 October 2009
Fusion L5-S1 revision surgery to eliminate charite disc. 2011