View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 07:07 PM

Hi Sharon

I'm so sorry that you're still struggling, you have my every sympathy. I am almost 5 months out & am much worse that I was pre-op Like you, my disc looks fine on xray & I've tried to be really careful (not always easy!) Yes it is still early days & it's disheartening to read the success stories on here when we're still feeling crap.

All I can say is listen to your body, if it tells you to rest then rest. Pacing is the big key but not always easy for some (ie, me!) Stay in touch at least with your PM Dr who should be able to help with your pain meds. Have you had your 3 month check with your surgeon yet? If not then tell him your concerns & if he's good he should listen & try to help although in my experience the surgeon just see's the disc looks ok & sends you on your way or back to PM!

At the moment I feel like I'm just collecting more health problems!! I'm going for a chat with my physio on Tuesday to see what options they may have available for me, ie, accupuncture, massage etc. I also have to phone & make a new appointment with my PM to see about trying a nerve med such as Gabapentin or Lyrica although I need to look into these more, my biggest worry is the side effect of weight gain which I really, really don't want as I've worked so hard to get & keep the weight off. When they tried me on Amitriptyline in January I put on a stone (14lb) in 4 weeks, it was awful especially as the drug never helped! Thankfully now I've lost 11lb of it & hope to lose the rest & a bit more.

I'm not sure what else there is I can say as I feel in the same predicament, maybe, hopefully someone else will come along with more help

Take care

37 years old
DDD
L4/L5 - L5/S1 DDD
L5/S1 Annular Tear
End Stage Facet Joint Arthritis
Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
15 Nov 06 ~ Prodisc ADR at L5/S1
Need a revision but not a surgeon in the UK will (or can?) remove a Prodisc!!
Prodisc has ruined my life