Thread: 2 level mobi-c
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 PM

Hi Leslie,

During my recent surgery, Dr. Bierstedt was concerned that the M6 would not fit at the C6/7 level. Plan B was the Mobi-C; Plan C was fusion.
The concept that Dr. Bierstedt does consider the Mobi-C as an alternative ADR does let me know that he has confidence in its effectiveness for implantation. He does steer clear of a few other well-known devices.

Are you considering the Mobi-C because it is FDA approved for multi-level in the U.S? This is a recent (within the last month) change with the FDA, and I would be concerned about how many MULTI-LEVEL procedures a U.S. doctor has performed. They may have many single-levels under their belt - but multi-level requires a highly advanced level of expertise.
You will more than likely have insurance coverage by staying in the US, and using a device that is FDA approved, but make sure that this device is best for your unique pathology and not that it is the only one available.
I would highly recommend sending your diagnostics to a handful of European surgeons for their treatment recommendation. You may want to address continuity as a baseline for your decision. Dr. Zeegers is one of the highly-rated surgeons (but charges a consultation fee), Dr. Bierstedt (German Spine), Dr. Clavel - Barcelona, Dr. Dare (UK), and possibly Dr. Lauryssen (spelling?) - U.S., but is looking to perform surgery in Switzerland, are just a few of the more actively discussed surgeons as of late. I'm sure there are other members on the forum that will be happy to share other names - possibly US doctors who they would highly recommend too.
Wishing you good health, Laura
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6