View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 07:56 PM

Hello,
I am a 56 year old female who has been suffering with chronic back pain for over 15 years.
Due to a few minor auto accidents and a few falls down flights of stairs and with aging my back has gotten progressively worse over the last few years. I suffer from degenerative disc disease, have arthritis and scoliosis (very minor)

I have been to chiropractors (and most recently tried the new traction method (SpineMed Therapy) have had accupunture, epiderals, you name it.

I recently took a trip to Manhattan to see Dr. Fabian Biton who has done the most spinal surgeries in the Northeast. He is just as wonderful in person as he appears on line and also agreed with my local doctor here in CT, Dr. James Yue, that I need to have 3 discs replaced, L3, L4, L5, however, Dr Biton mentioned that a fusion could also work. I am not interested in a fusion because I have only heard negative comments about it and most people I have spoken with have experienced more pain after the fusion. Dr. Biton can perform the ADR however I have insurance issues that I need to work out. Dr Yue can perform the ProDisc but thus far I have not met anyone who I can speak to about this although I did briefly meet one of Dr. Yue's patients last year and he said he has improved, but not significantly.

Can anyone share their stories with me and help guide me through this difficult process.
The only insurance company that will pay for the ProDisc is Aetna. Presently I have no insurance since I had to leave my job due to this condition and I am having difficulties getting insurance because of my pre-existing condition.

Hope to hear back from you soon!!!
saldurso@sbcglobal.net