View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM

Hi Cheryl,
I am also in a similar situation as you. I have contacted both Dr. Clavel and Dr. Bertagnoli about a multi-level cervical ADR. From my own research, both surgeons are highly rated from their patients based upon excerpts I have read. Both have performed countless surgical spinal implants, and I'm sure that you would have a good outcome with either. At this point in time, my preference is toward Dr. Bertagnoli. His colleague, Dr. Andrea Fenk-Mayer has already been in touch with me and both have extensively reviewed all of my diagnostic tests. Their office required more extensive history and data. After reading about Dr. Bertagnoli, I am impressed with his outstanding credentials and background knowledge. I feel very informed about his philosophy and treatment protocol.
Just for the record, I did read under his "ProSpine" website - under the subtopic of "Engineering" that he is not contracted with any manufacturer of a device and is free to choose the best implant for the patient. I am leaning comfortably toward the M6.
On the other side, Dr. Clavel's office quotes a fee that is inclusive of your surgical experience, hotel, and aftercare. Dr. Bertagnoli's office will assist in discounts and suggestions about your hotel and travel, but I believe, base their surgical fee on the medical aspect of your trip. As I communicate more with both offices (determining my final decision - which I must do quickly), I will be happy to stay in touch. Please feel free to contact me as well with any information or findings you may have. Best of luck to you
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6