View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:51 PM

I am 55 years old and have had back pain that started about 30 years ago and has been getting gradually worse. The latest American surgeon I have talked to told me I had degenerated discs at multiple levels and so he could not recommend anything for me. I started checking on Stenum until I heard through this site about their reputation. I recently made contact with the European Medical Tourist (EMT) services and sent them fresh MRI and X-ray images. Their representative sent those to a surgeon in Germany who said my case is "very complicated" and would require spinal reconstruction. My impression is that in his opinion, narrowing of the spinal canal is the biggest problem. (I have been told before that I had stenosis). He said that they no longer recommend laminectomies and that the reconstruction is the solution. Here's the kicker: he said the films show evidence of fibromyalgia. I know next-to-nothing about that disorder and can find no reference to it being detectable with an MRI. I was hoping for a "simple" 2 level disc replacement, and now it sounds like something much more complicated would be needed. Do any of you know anything about the subjects I have touched on? Does all of this sound legitimate? Any informed advice will be greatly appreciated.