View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 10:22 PM

Default UHC ADR approvals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
This company has approved well over 150 ADRs, through accident, appeals or mistakes.
Richard -- just curious but how do you know UHC has approved well over 150 ADRs? i am shocked to read this as i just asked my surgeon's office last week if UHC was now approving ADR. my surgeon has performed well over 700 ADRs and has only had ONE single-level case approved by UHC in 2005 after a year long battle. if over 150 are getting approved, then more should. if you have some of these approval letters then maybe you can help Gary.

Gary -- good luck. if you really want an ADR your surgeon should have some ADR articles that may support your appeal and i would ask for a copy of UHC's policy w/your employer and UHC's technology assessment to use when arguing your appeal. even though i'm not an ADR success, i think ADR should be authorized since it's FDA approved if you and your surgeon feel it's medically necessary, you meet the inclusion criteria, and if it's the best treatment option for your condition. it's absurd.

best,
Liz
2009 L4-5 Prodisc ADR removed and revised to XLIF w/posterior instrumentation
massive hemorrhage from tear of inferior vena cava at right iliac vein due to adhesion from Prodisc op
2010 not fused; as a result of complications permanent nerve damage to lumbar plexus causing severe rt leg, hip, groin pain