View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 01:10 AM

Default Ozone Therapy for Spinal Stenosis

I was surprised the other day when I met a client who said he had received ozone therapy injections to treat his spinal stenosis. He said he could hardly walk before the injections and was near complete disability. He now could lift weights of moderate size without pain, drive and take good care of himself.

I looked into it a little bit and found that the science and research behind the ozone injection therapy could certainly use more evidence, but the purported results seemed to be encouraging.

From my personal experience, it could potentially have been a step to try before having ADR surgery. For those with spinal stenosis and are not ADR candidates because of the condition, it could possibly serve as a main method of treatment.

It seems my client who welcomed the injections still has some nerve pain where the stenosis directly impinges on his nerves, but the inflammation around the areas is under control, if not completely gone, from the other areas around the bony growths.

Here is a decent article I found on the subject:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/medic...itions-4156716

I found this information, as well as my client's story, to be encouraging and I hope it helps some readers continue to find their path to recovery!
2017 - Blew out my back on leg-press. MRI showed L5-S-1 disc herniation and grade 1 retrolisthesis.
2018 - Successful ADR surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia using the Activ-L implant.
2019 - In physical therapy for burning in feet, L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge and SI joint pain.
2020 - Getting better with one-on-one PT.

30 - Male - American