View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 PM

Lemme tell you story. (Please read that in your best Natasha and Boris bad cartoon Russian accent).

When I was 13 I went to my local dentist. I was living in the tiny town of Yountville, CA. When I was 13 I was the same height and weight as I am now, roughly. This will become important later on. The dentist did whatever it was he was supposed to do to me (don't remember what it was, and it's not important anyway).

After he was all done, his assistant came in, put a small cup down in front of me and said, "Here ya go!" then walked out. Now mind you, she did NOT tell me to rinse with it and spit it out. So picked up the cup and swallowed the WHOLE THING. Yes. I drank the ENTIRE cup of fluoride. At this point, I started to feel kind of ill. The assistant came back in and I told her I wasn't feeling good. Somehow (things are kind of fuzzy) she sussed out that I had swallowed the entire cup of fluoride. Now, did my dental professionals rush me to the ER or Poison Control like they should have? Noooooooooo... Did they call my father? Noooooooooooooooo... What did they do? They sent me home. On my own. After all, it was only two and a half blocks.

I don't really remember how I even got home. I recall, about a quarter of a block after leaving the dentist's office shaking, being dizzy (so dizzy I had to hold on a fence so I could even walk straight), walking like the worst impression of a drunk person you can imagine, then violently vomiting into the ground and promptly blacking out.

Now, here is the response protocol: "If you or your loved one are experiencing any life-threatening or other
emergency symptoms, including fainting, convulsions, difficulty breathing,
swelling, heart irregularities, or any other very frightening symptom,
and/or if you know that there has been some immediate, heavy fluoride
exposure, such as a child drinking a fluoride rinse or a lot of toothpaste:
IMMEDIATELY CALL YOUR NEAREST POISON CONTROL CENTER AND/OR
BRING TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM! DO NOT HESITATE!"

Now mind you, I was the size of a full grown adult. What the hell would this do to a CHILD?

I had all of those symptoms. All of them. Yet, we put this crap in our water. I am so very clear after that experience that fluoride is a POISON. If you swallow it, you are supposed to call POISON Control. Hello? This would indicate it is a what? A POISON.

To recap: I shook, my heart went all wonkey, I blacked out after vomiting, I don't even know how I got home. Only a poison can do that to you.

Oh, and did I mention I have thyroid issues? Coincidence? I think not.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.