Thread: Hello there!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbaozi View Post
Thanks Gene and Cheryl!

Ya, I have been told by both Clavel and Bierstedt that I'll need a fusion at L5-S1 due to my spondy, it has a fairly decent amount of slippage, so an adr there wouldn't do much unfortunately

I hope I'm making the right choice, as I could have a double fusion (or single fusion done here for free), but when it comes to standard of living and health, I think it would probably be best to have it done right the first time...

I too had a hybrid fusion done, a fusion at L5-S1 and ADR at L4-L5. It has been 1 year and 4 months, and unfortunately i did not fuse at L5-S1. I just had an anterior plate put on. My spondy was no more than 2mm shown more on flexion. If your spondy is that bad, a posterior approach with an anterior one should do you well. An anterior approach will NOT correct spondy, but a posterior one can have some benefit of correcting some of the slip. If you can an ADR a complete 360 fusion wouldn't be a bad idea. The base of your spine would be very stable.

Feb. 2014 - Hybrid lumbar fusion(l5/S1), ADR(L4/L5)...2-level cervical ADR (C5/C6, C6/C7). Dr. Pablo Clavel of Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain. All M6 implants (PEEK cage and plate from Medtronic at fusion level in lumbar.) SAME DAY OPERATION for both areas of the spine.