View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmas2000 View Post
Hi badbackbeauty, sound like me as i trying to go back to my service Engineer job but i just can't perform most of the task. I end up also back to light duty and leave and been trying to rehab for almost 9 months now. Been better but slow slow slow and can have a flare up here and there and end up on bed for 5-10 days depend how bad it is. I only have back pain on my L6-S1 and the rest of disc look very healthy without DDD on it. I also trying to decide to surgery or NOT, as it seem like affecting my life, family and job now. My surgeon said i have about 80% success rate after operation and can be back to normal again. Sound good but not sure wanna to risk it or i should said give it a go...who know what will happen !!!! THINKING FUSION ON L6S1 !!!

Hello there! I feel your pain, I go back and forth constantly. On my good days it's very easy to say I don't need surgery but then I remember I can't go back to work like this either. I've been out for about 5months this time (I've also had previous episodes, about once a year but they have got better with rest and mechanical decompression, not really working this time).

You have the advantage that you only have one damaged disc (I've never seen a L6S1 by the way!) so your chances at recovery are most likely great! See, my initial injury was almost 10 years ago and I wished I had got an MRI back then because now I don't know if both discs were injured back then or if it wasn't only one disc and it progressively started affecting the second disc or if both discs were injured from the get go. No i will never know!

My current goal is to work on my physician fitness and get in the best shape I can possibly can since I'm still able to workout and see if it gets better. If it doesn't, at least I'll be in good shape for recovery after surgery. Good luck to you!!