View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 08:36 AM

Hi Andreh, my ADR surgeon speak the same words as if your facets are no good or not normal then dont take any chances to do ADR. As you will face a revision to fusion later. I was given ADR but after he look into my facets and said it might give me problem down the road so i have to decide myself. I guess if you do a bone scan you can find out from there. Don't take more risk rather spend more time finding a better solution as once you under go operation and it cannot be undone.

Hi badbackbeauty, sound like we are in the same boat. Ya i have an extra vertebrae which is L6 so it is not common. I agree no matter our conservative treatment is long and unsuccessful in the later stage. We will still have the best outcome after surgery as we have the best shape in condition when we went in. I currently doing rehabs more on core strength and lots of walk. I try not to lift anything heavier than 3kg and hope it will heal with some good scare tissue. I had injure the same place 3 times so my goal will hope be back to 75% my old normal. If i can't reach there, then i will go for surgery. I think we need to give a fair time like a year but i will try to give more and see if i am still having problem with my normal life.

It is hard to decide when you start to feel better and people around you feel the same. It is really tough road but we still have the last option SURGERY !!! Dont throw the towel yet !!!!