View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 08:02 PM

Default same questions

Okay; let me ask about this metal allergy thing. I had a two level fusion with plate and screws done in 2007, revision in 2008, and another implant with Roi-c in 2010 and NEVER at any time did any of the surgeons (two in fact) do a metal allergy test. I have had a dental implant three years ago (having another this next January)...all of which are mainly made with Titanium. Is there Nickel in any of the implants that are being used? Lets's focus primarily on the Mobic and the M6....If not why is this a concern? Are they only doing these test once they here you are even remotely interested in ADR??? It sure as heck wasn't a standard protocol when I had my fusion surgery! But they didn't hesitate to put a three level Titanium plate and screws over my fusion! We are exposed to metals; some heavy metals all our lives. If you have real heavy metal allergies you would not even be able to take a multi-vitamin. Most heavy metal allergies that I am reading here are not the main component of the most used adr's. I don't not understand the concern...someone please explain.
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany