View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 06:35 PM

Dreward, im going to say something you might want to hear.
This is not personal nor meant to insult anyone here or backpain sufferers in general.
You have a herniated disc that is causing you legpain.
You have an option as far as removing your legpain.
You can have a discectomy.
I've had 2 for legpain over the years.
Both times legpain was gone.
If I would've stopped playing football and basketball after my first surgery I might be in better shape now.
If I had quit smoking when I was younger, stretched more, built up my core etc. I might be better off.
I know many people who've had discectomies and are still doing OK today.
When we are unlucky enough to injure our spines we have to really work a lot harder then others and also keep it up.
I think we look for that magic surgery that will make us 100% and it probably will never happen because of the complexities in the human spine.
While ADR seems to be great, I think we think its one of those magic surgeries.
I'm speaking from experience and I know if I really worked hard I could manage better than I do. It's just hard to keep it up every day, every month, every year.
That's just my 2 cents bud.
Born 1970/1995-Hurt at work/1996-Right disc fragment L4-L5 discectomy-On/off back pain,no serious leg pain until/2007-Right herniation L5-S1,recurrent small herniation at L4-L5 with unbearable leg pain/6/08 discectomy L5-S1/leg pain relieved/occaisional mechanical pain/2012-Cymblata 60 mg,occasional aleve/2014-LB pain not debilitating but chronic,Rhizotomy relieves facet pain on right side/2015-L4-S1 facets shot/4/15 PLIF L4-S1 with facectomy