View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running11 View Post
Harrison and Lilly,

I went to an associate of above recommended doctor and he is saying because of the curvature (kyphosis) that ADR is not stable enough and I am not a good candidate. He recommended a bi-level fusion. What are your thoughts?

Lilly,

My case is not a worker comp case. In another thread you stated it won't be covered...is this still true? I must've woken up ten times last night with complete numbness in my arms. I don't think I can live with numbness in all 4 of my limbs until I can pay for it myself. Thoughts?
That was Dr. Reynold's associate, yes? Get a second opinion from Dr. Coe. He does more surgeries AND he participates in AIMIS, so he flies to Cyprus to do multi-levels, so he may be able to do things the fine folks in Dr. Reynolds's office cannot.

Insurance will not pay for it. Period. It's all about profits for them. The FDA has not cleared multi-levels yet, so insurance companies won't pay for them because they don't have to do to it being "experimental". How did you sustain the injury? Perhaps there is a way to pay for it there? Like filing a lawsuit or something?

Also, DO try Dr. Coe for the trial of the new disc, too. He might be able to do that on your lumbar spine, then you would only have two limbs to deal with. I wouldn't do anything else until I saw him. In our area, he will be your best bet for help.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.