Thread: OT: Foot issues
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Default OT: Foot issues

Okay, I know this is not a podiatry forum, but I also know that not all of us here are in the best of conditions despite (or because of) our spinal issues, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. But if its inappropriate to post here, please feel free to delete with no hard feelings

I've had foot issues on and off for the past several years, I wear orthotics in my shoes everyday for severe over pronation and falling arches. I only wear a couple brands of shoes (Merrell, Propet, Crocs, New Balance) that have the right support and accept orthotics. I had a pinched nerve in my right ankle/foot two and a half years ago caused by same, which is what led to orthotics, and last winter (november-ish) i had a couple of steroid shots in the same foot for these ongoing issues, and now right foot is basically fine.

This past Tuesday morning (1/6) when I got out of bed I noticed that my LEFT big toe and the joint behind it were terribly sore, I hadn't done anything different the previous day, same shoes, same orthotics, walked the same amount, everything. It actually got worse over the next few days, I can tell now its not really my big toe but the joint behind it, its sore to the touch, but I can't tell if its swollen, not much if it is, DOES NOT hurt unless its moved, has pressure put on it (i.e. walking/standing) or I poke it.

Anyone here ever had any issues like this and if so what was it?

Thanks,
Kristi
1993:MVA
1995:diagnosed with bulging disc C5/6
2000:disk herniated
2000-2004:multiple treatments including nerve root block, trigger point injections, epidural steroid injections, pt
2005-2008: pain meds and muscle relaxers only
ProDisc-C replacement on c5/c6 11/18/08