View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 03:13 PM

I appreciate your input Jeff. I recognize that ESIs can sometimes provide immediate relief, I have nerve issues at all three levels (and potential facet joint problems) and am looking for a "permanent" solution. While this may be a bit overly optimistic, I lean towards a positive outcome rather than being a doubter.

The US doctors, as well as some Europeans, state one or moe of the following:
1. My DDD is too advanced - they could have done someting in ADR 8 years ago
2. ADR surgery will not fix my facet joint arthritis
3. If they put in an ADR, my facet joints will become a new pain generator
4. My vertebrael bodies have already started to autofuse
5. I need posterior decompression to release my facets - leading to combined posterior dynamic stabilization & anterior ADR, a procedure that is relatively new and subject to excessive risk.

I'd be interested in your & other's opinion(s) and thanks for the intro to Maddie.
2013/2014 – Dessication and significant disc height loss at L4-L5 & L5-S1; L3-L4 disc bulge with hypertrophy; mild spinal stenosis; Grade 1 anterolisthesis (3mm); L4-L5 - marginal spurring and moderate hypertrophy causing neuroforaminal narrowing; L5-S1 - moderate-severe neuroforaminal narrowing; lumbar lordosis is straightening.

New pains & functional limitations in late 2013 led to exploring ADR procedures. Consulted with 8 surgeons domestically and 9 in Europe.
May 2014 – Anterior and posterior incisions in a 5-hour surgery resulted in 2 M-6s and one facet joint prosthesis (dynamic stabilization system). On the road to full recovery.