View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 12:58 PM

Hi Stonewall,
I have heard about this one hour interval to prep the OR and flip the patient. If there is significant work on two sides, one surgeon suggested that it may result in 2 separate surgeries, depending on how my body responds to many hours of procedures. The other surgeon suggested that I may want to see how some of the procedures, like decompression & ADR work on 2 levels before considering posterior decompression and work on a third level.

I have consults set up with Dr. C & Dr. B and will know more after I speak with them. Thanks for your input.
2013/2014 – Dessication and significant disc height loss at L4-L5 & L5-S1; L3-L4 disc bulge with hypertrophy; mild spinal stenosis; Grade 1 anterolisthesis (3mm); L4-L5 - marginal spurring and moderate hypertrophy causing neuroforaminal narrowing; L5-S1 - moderate-severe neuroforaminal narrowing; lumbar lordosis is straightening.

New pains & functional limitations in late 2013 led to exploring ADR procedures. Consulted with 8 surgeons domestically and 9 in Europe.
May 2014 – Anterior and posterior incisions in a 5-hour surgery resulted in 2 M-6s and one facet joint prosthesis (dynamic stabilization system). On the road to full recovery.